Congratulations on becoming a Leave No Trace Trainer! Below are links to useful information on The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics website. Use Leave No Trace as a guideline to challenge yourself and others to minimize impacts on the out-of-doors.
- The Seven Principles – Your guidelines for taking care of nature.
- Seven Principles for Frontcountry – Leave No Trace principles specific to car-camping, day hikers, and really just everyday life.
- Authority of the Resource – Help people understand how their actions affect nature rather than just stating laws and regulations.
- Awareness Workshop Guidelines – As an LNT Trainer you can now facilitate an Awareness Workshop!
- How to Run an Awareness Workshop – A helpful guide.
Have more questions? Why Leave No Trace? How can you really Leave No Trace? For those and more LNT frequently asked questions visit: https://lnt.org/about/faq-page
If you’re interested in becoming a Leave No Trace trainer please leave a comment or see The Center for Outdoor Ethics – Trainer Course for a course in your area!
Also, Nevada Outdoor School, based out of Winnemucca, Nevada, has a lot of effective outdoor ethics lessons for both classroom and outdoor settings. Tell them Trails sent you for a free high five!
In the meantime, be like Bigfoot!